There will be a proposed temporary road closure on Church Street, Whittington on the Friday 1st February 2019, until Monday 4th February 2019 to enable carriageway resurfacing works to take place.
If you have any comments or observations regarding the closure please contact the LCC contact indicated in the attached closure details or email email@example.com by Friday 11th January 2019.
At the last meeting of the Parish Council I agreed to try to determine what Lancashire County Council’s policy was over the maintenance of highways, particularly in relation to Whittington.
I have now had a response from the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport which I summarise:
- LCC is short of funds.
- The highways department plan annually for highways which are in need of and justify resurfacing.
- No roads in Whittington Parish are scheduled for the current financial year.
- It is recognised that Church Street is in poor condition and temporary repairs are planned at some time over the next few weeks.
- Potholes which meet “intervention” levels will be repaired as required.
- I have requested clarity of the definition of “intervention” levels.
- I am sure that this issue will be discussed at the next meeting of the Parish Council on Monday 16th July.
Update 16th July 2018: I have now received clarification of the county council’s intervention level for defects, the intervention level set in Lancashire is that any pothole over 40mm in depth is considered an actionable pothole and will be repaired. The level is reduced for footways and our intervention level is 25mm for rural and urban areas, and 20mm for highly pedestrianised areas such as town centres.
Posted by Jim Williams on behalf of Graham Williams